Your favorite Richmond Dentist on the river knows that it can be tricky to encourage your youngest family members to brush and floss daily. These are important lifetime habits to instill and practice; however, getting started with a personal routine takes some time. Luckily, Kaizen Dental has some fun and practical teeth cleaning tips for kids to help motivate everyone!
Establishing great oral hygiene habits early on is essential. Here are some tips from your Richmond dentist:
- Brush together with the kids (monkey see, monkey do)
- Help kids under 12 brush and floss correctly
- Watch for bleeding, red, puffy or inflamed gums
- Use quality mouthwash
- Check to see if your child’s toothbrush is wet or smell their breath if they say they brushed and you are not sure if they are telling the truth
- Get kids and teenagers to smell their used dental floss and remind them their mouth smells the same to encourage more flossing (and a better social life)
- Brush teeth at least twice a day (before bed and before leaving the house in the morning) for 2 minutes
- Try an electric toothbrush with a built-in timer
- Try plaque rinses or tablets to show kids where they need to brush more
- Visit your Richmond dentist regularly to monitor oral health
- Change toothbrush every three months or after a cold or a coldsore (Herpes Simplex 1)
Dental Decay: The Most Preventable Chronic Childhood Disease
We strive to make visiting your Richmond dentist informative, exciting and interesting! When we become educated on certain tasks in life, they become easier to accomplish. When we can understand the why and how behind the job, it can make it more enjoyable and feel less like a chore.
Dental caries or cavities are considered to be one of the most preventable chronic childhood diseases. A good rule of thumb is to have your child’s first dental visit by their first birthday. Visiting us every 6 months after is the best way we can monitor the health and well-being of their smile.
Your Richmond Dentist Makes Visits Exciting!
Kids love to come to Kaizen Dental to learn about sugar-bugs and how they can take care of their teeth. We have some hands-on tools to encourage proper teeth brushing and flossing techniques. Reminding children that decay on their baby teeth could potentially affect their adult teeth can often help them take more responsibility for their smile.
Our family-friendly dental clinic is happy to address everyone’s dental concerns and answer all of your questions. We feel that you can choose the best options much easier once you have the facts.
We will ensure your dental records and X-Rays are up to date. Kindly inform us if you have started taking any new medication or if you have recently moved.
Maximize Your 2019 Dental Benefits
We look forward to helping you achieve all of your dental goals. Regular daily care and biannual dental visits are the best way to stay proactive in your oral health. Letting your smile go can lead to pain, discomfort and expense.
We look forward to helping you monitor your family’s beautiful smiles. Contact your Richmond dentist today to book your family in for everyone’s fall checkups!